The fiber fusion splicer adopts the arc fusion splicing method, which uses arc discharge to generate high temperatures above 2000°C, and fuse the two connected optical fibers into one optical fiber. Then, what parts are the fiber fusion splicer made of?
1. Optical fiber fusion splicer display: The optical fiber fusion splicer is generally monitored by the fiber core direct view method (PAS). The liquid crystal display can display the optical fiber image in the X:Y direction at the same time, so as to observe the optical fiber status and fusion splicing quality, and the fusion splicing speed is faster.
2. Optical fiber fusion splicer controller: The controller includes two parts: a monitoring unit and a microprocessor. The monitoring unit is the local optical power monitoring. The microcomputer completes the automatic adjustment and connection loss estimation. You can adjust the microcomputer program to adjust the discharge time and discharge current at the origin.
3. High-voltage sources of optical fiber fusion splicer: There are two main types of high-voltage sources. One type of high-voltage source is to boost 50Hz, 220V AC to 3000-4OOOV high voltage: the current is about 20mA; the other is a 20kH or 40kHz high-frequency power supply.
4. Discharge electrode of fiber fusion splicer: When the fiber is connected, the discharge through the electrode generates an arc between the electrodes. The instantaneous temperature reaches about 2000°C, melting the fiber at the center of the arc. After the electrode is used for a period of time, there will be an oxidized adhesion layer on the surface, which should be removed regularly.
5. Core adjustment device of optical fiber fusion splicer: The core adjustment device is also called an adjustment frame, and a “lever” type fine adjustment mechanism is commonly used. The three-dimensional fine-tuning of the V-shaped groove is realized by a screw micrometer installed at the end of the long rod. The optical fiber placed in the V-shaped groove is fixed by a mechanical pressure plate. The fine adjustment in the X and Y directions is driven by the servo motor. The lever mechanism is used to make the adjustment finer. The axial (Z direction) adjustment is moved by the screw micrometer.